Sevilla take on Inter Milan at the RheinEnergieStadion in Cologne, Germany for the 2019-20 Europa League Final.
Sevilla enter this match looking for a sixth Europa League title whereas Inter Milan are going for their first title in this competition, since the rebrand from UEFA Cup, which they won on three different occasions.
Lucas Ocampos is a doubt for Sevilla after being subbed during Sunday’s win over Manchester United with a thigh injury.
Inter will be without Matias Vecino (knee) whilst Alexis Sanchez is a doubt with a muscular injury which kept him out of Monday’s five goal mauling of Shakhtar Donetsk.
- This is the first-ever meeting between Sevilla and Inter Milan in all UEFA competitions.
- Sevilla have won all five previous appearances in Europa League Final, of which none came against Italian opposition.
- Inter have emerged as champions on three of four previous occasions in which they reached the final of this competition (W3, L1), although three of those finals were two legged ties with exception of their last win which came over Lazio in May 1998 under current format.
- Only one of Sevilla’s five conceded goals in Europe this season have come before half time, courtesy of Bruno Fernandes’ ninth minute penalty in the semi-final for Man Utd.
- Inter’s Romelu Lukaku has scored eight goals in his last eight European appearances this season.
Sevilla must thank Yassine Bounou for getting them to this final because apart from two magical moments from Suso and Luuk De Jong, Sevilla were defensively poor with too much spacing and sloppy back play which cannot happen here because Inter will punish a repeat performance barring another epic display from Bounou in goal.
Inter however weren’t exactly impressive themselves in attacking play terms, instead benefitting from clinical finishing via defensive errors by Shakhtar or from set pieces whilst maintaining a high pressing style which absolutely ripped the Ukrainian team apart.
This therefore should definitely be a cracker because Sevilla know how to win this competition by hook or crook irrespective of their actual play in the Final, whereas Inter boasts a dangerous front line capable of destroying defensive lines if given the opportunity but if Sevilla can soak up the pressure with a strong defence then I can see one result.
Prediction: Sevilla 2-1 Inter Milan (AET)
Result: Sevilla 3-2 Inter Milan (Sevilla WINS 2019-20 Europa League Final!!!)