Chelsea look to secure a top four finish as they welcome Wolves to Stamford Bridge in a huge final day clash.
A win for Chelsea would confirm a top four finish although a draw might be enough, depending on result in Leicester’s clash against Manchester United.
Wolves meanwhile must win to guarantee a sixth placed finish, although a draw and defeat would require Tottenham to not better or even match their result in case of a draw due to Spurs’ slightly superior goal difference.
Team NewsEmbed from Getty Images
N’Golo Kante could return for Chelsea after missing their last four matches with a hamstring injury.
Billy Gilmour and Marco van Ginkel remain absent with knee injuries.
Wolves have no fresh injury concerns with a full squad available for selection.
- Chelsea have lost just one of their last seven meetings against Wolves in all competitions (W5, D1, L1).
- Wolves haven’t won at Chelsea in 41 years since winning 2-1 in September 1979 (W6, D2).
- All five of Wolves’ goals against Chelsea since returning to the top flight have come from strikers, including an own goal from the Blues’ Tammy Abraham in September 2019.
- Tammy Abraham and Mason Mount are the only Chelsea players to have hit the woodwork on more than one occasion, having done so on three occasions each.
- If Conor Coady starts for Wolves then he would become their first ever player to start every game for two consecutive Premier League seasons.
Given the attacking quality within these two teams on top of what is at stake in the race for Europe for each club, this clash should be a cracker because I can see both teams giving it everything to achieve either top four or Europa League qualification.
Chelsea however need to improve their defending because they haven’t exactly been at the races in recent league matches, which will certainly be punished if Wolves turn up and play like they did on Monday against Crystal Palace in terms of dominance.
Stamford Bridge however has been one of Wolves’ hoodoos in recent seasons but if there is a time to turn out a winning performance, it would be now if play on the front foot throughout.
Prediction: Chelsea 1-2 Wolves
Result: Chelsea 2-0 Wolves