Brighton & Hove Albion face a crunch test as they welcome Newcastle United to the Amex Stadium.
A win would guarantee safety for Brighton whilst Newcastle will stay in 13th position regardless of whatever result they achieve here.
Adam Webster is a doubt for Brighton after suffering a sore hip in Thursday’s 1-1 draw at Southampton.
Alireza Jahanbakhsh (hamstring) is also doubtful but Steven Alzate (groin) and Jose Izquierdo (knee) remain absent,
Newcastle could be without Allan Saint-Maximin due to a calf injury suffered in Wednesday’s defeat to Tottenham.
Andy Carroll (groin) and Florian Lejeune (fitness) are unlikely to feature whilst Sean Longstaff, Isaac Hayden (both hamstring), Ciaran Clark, Jamaal Lascelles (ankle) and Fabian Schar (shoulder) are sidelined.
- Brighton are unbeaten in their last five meetings against Newcastle (W2, D3).
- Newcastle have won just one of their last seven trips to Brighton (W1, D2, L4).
- Neither teams are yet to win a penalty in five previous Premier League meetings.
- There has been no red cards handed out in any of last six meetings between these teams, dating back to February 2017 in the Championship.
- No goalkeeper has made more saves in 36 rounds this season than Newcastle’s Martin Dubravka’s 134 saves.
Brighton have often been inconsistent but with Newcastle in freefall, this is a huge chance for the Seagulls to rubberstamp their ticket into next season with a win if they turn up and play on the front foot.
Defending however hasn’t been a strong point for both clubs so I do expect a scrappy battle, although this one which I can see Brighton winning if they are clinical enough.
Prediction: Brighton 2-1 Newcastle
Result: Brighton 0-0 Newcastle