Norwich City look to finish their final home game of this season on a high as they welcome Burnley to Carrow Road.
Norwich will finish the season in last place irrespective of what they achieve in their last two matches, whereas Burnley can go ninth with victory.
Team NewsEmbed from Getty Images
Christoph Zimmerman could return for Norwich after recovering from a hamstring injury.
Grant Hanley, Sam Byram (both hamstring) and Mortiz Leitner (hernia remain as the Canaries’ only absentees.
Burnley will be without Charlie Taylor after the fullback was subbed during the first-half in Wednesday’s draw against Wolves with a hamstring injury.
Jay Rodriguez is expected to be available if he passes a late fitness test on a calf injury, which saw the striker subbed just six minutes into the second half on Wednesday.
Ben Mee (thigh), Ben Gibson, Ashley Barnes (both fitness), Matt Lowton (foot) and Jack Cork (ankle) remain sidelined.
- Norwich are unbeaten in three of their last five meetings against Burnley in all competitions, with both victories having come in the FA Cup rather than league competition (W2, D1, L2).
- Burnley have won just one of their last five trips to Carrow Road across all competitions (W1, D2, L2).
- Both teams have scored in five of their last six meetings in all competitions, with exception of Burnley’s 2-0 win in the reverse fixture back in September.
- No Norwich player has played every minute of every league game this season, with Max Aarons and Tim Krul having played the most at 3,060 minutes each.
- James Tarkowski is the only outfield Burnley player to have made a last man tackle this season.
Now the pressure is off, Norwich did a solid job defensively against Chelsea despite suffering a narrow loss so will look to kick on against fairly easier competition.
Burnley however have been one of the form teams post lockdown so if they can find their clinical boots and start asking questions of Norwich early on, I can see them taking a win despite their dodgy away form at Carrow Road.
This game therefore should be quite a cagey affair but Burnley need to win to keep their European dreams alive, which I think they eventually will if can play the long game and break Norwich down.
Prediction: Norwich 0-2 Burnley
Result: Norwich 0-2 Burnley