Manchester City look to continue building momentum ahead of Saturday’s FA Cup semi-final as they welcome relegation battling Bournemouth to the Etihad Stadium.
With the runner-up spot assured, City are looking to build momentum for their cup competitions, whereas Bournemouth can move level on points with West Ham and Watford but stay in relegation zone on goal difference.
Team NewsEmbed from Getty Images
Man City have no fresh injury concerns to report as Sergio Aguero remain absent with a knee injury.
Bournemouth will be without Nathan Ake after the defender suffered a groin injury during Sunday’s comeback win over Leicester.
Joshua King (hamstring) and Adam Smith (cheek) are doubts whilst Charlie Daniels, Simon Francis and Chris Mepham miss out with knee injuries.
- Man City are unbeaten in 15 meetings against Bournemouth in all competitions (W13, D2)
- Bournemouth have scored just twice in four previous Premier League trips to Man City.
- There is yet to be a penalty awarded to either team in this Premier League after nine previous meetings.
- Coming into this round, only Newcastle’s Martin Dubravka has made more saves than the 117 saves from Bournemouth’s Aaron Ramsdale.
- City’s Ederson have played the most minutes out of two Brazilian goalkeepers in the Premier League this season, managing 2,802 minutes of playing time in 32 appearances.
After a strong comeback performance to defeat Leicester on Sunday, Bournemouth simply have to kick on with a huge win if want to blow the survival battle wide open once more.
Man City however have been in dominant home form post lockdown and with such a good record against the Cherries, I just can’t see them losing this but I think their starting line-up will be rotated ahead of Saturday which should keep the score respectable.
Prediction: Manchester City 3-1 Bournemouth
Result: Manchester City 2-1 Bournemouth