Chelsea look to bounce back from a shock defeat at Sheffield United as they welcome newly relegated Norwich to Stamford Bridge.
A win for Chelsea would see them extend their gap to fourth-placed Leicester to four points, whereas Norwich need victory to realistically keep faint hopes of avoiding finishing last alive.
Team NewsEmbed from Getty Images
Andreas Christiansen is set to be available for Chelsea after recovering from an ankle sprain that saw him substituted at half-time in Saturday’s loss at Sheffield United.
Fikayo Tomori (muscle) and N’Golo Kante (hamstring) are unlikely to be risked ahead of Sunday’s FA Cup semi-final against Manchester United, whilst Billy Gilmour and Marco van Ginkel are out with knee injuries.
Norwich have no fresh injury concerns to report as Grant Hanley, Christoph Zimmerman, Sam Byram (all hamstring) and Mortiz Leitner (hernia) remain ruled out.
- Chelsea are unbeaten in their last 16 meetings against Norwich in all competitions, including penalty shootouts (W12, D4).
- Norwich are winless in their last nine trips to Stamford Bridge across all competitions (D1, L8).
- Both teams have scored in two of their last three league meetings.
- Norwich have never won a penalty in 17 previous Premier League clashes against Chelsea.
- Only one of Chelsea’s 31 Premier League goals against Norwich has come from the penalty spot.
This is definitely a crucial game for Chelsea in terms of their Champions League hopes, with two tough final league games against Liverpool and Wolves on horizon and a poor goal difference to boot compared to those around them.
Norwich meanwhile were just defensively poor on Saturday but with relegation now confirmed, Daniel Farke’s Canaries can begin to build momentum for next season under no pressure.
This match therefore should be interesting but I am going for a Chelsea win because I just can’t see Norwich doing much to prevent another defeat with nothing left to play for.
Prediction: Chelsea 3-0 Norwich
Result: Chelsea 1-0 Norwich