Bournemouth welcomes Leicester City to the Vitaly Stadium to bring the curtain down on a Super Sunday quadruple header.
A win for Bournemouth could see them restore a three point gap towards safety, whilst Leicester can reclaim third with victory.
Team NewsEmbed from Getty Images
Adam Smith is ruled out for Bournemouth after suffering a knock to his cheek during an aerial collision with Tottenham’s Ben Davies in midweek.
David Brooks is doubtful with a suspected calf injury and could join Charlie Daniels, Simon Francis and Chris Mepham on sidelines of whom all have knee injuries.
Leicester could welcome James Maddison and Ben Chilwell back from respective hip and foot injuries, if both pass fitness tests.
Ricardo Pereira (knee) and Daniel Amartey (ankle) remain absent.
- Bournemouth are unbeaten in seven of nine previous Premier League meetings against Leicester (W2, D5, L2).
- Leicester are winless in four previous Premier League trips to the Vitaly Stadium (D2, L2).
- Leicester’s Jamie Vardy has scored three goals in his last two appearances against Bournemouth, albeit with all three goals coming at King Power Stadium.
- Both teams have had a player red carded in nine previous Premier League clashes, with it being the away team on both occasions reduced to ten men.
- No Premier League player coming into this round has collected more yellow cards this season than Bournemouth’s Jefferson Lerma who has picked up 11 bookings.
This is a huge test for Bournemouth because they managed to put together a coherent performance against Spurs, although they need to be more clinical than they were when got chances on goal if want to keep their survival bid realistically alive.
Leicester on other hand were lucky to escape a tough encounter at Arsenal with a point, but this is a huge opportunity to reclaim third and prove that they want Champions League football next season.
I therefore am expecting a good game here but Bournemouth simply have to score first, otherwise I can see Leicester taking a routine win if they turn up and show their typical clinical edge.
Prediction: Bournemouth 0-2 Leicester
Result: Bournemouth 4-1 Leicester