Norwich City look to starve off relegation as they welcome West Ham United to Carrow Road.
A defeat for Norwich coupled with Watford win elsewhere would be enough to send the Canaries down, whilst West Ham can move six points clear of the drop with victory.
Team NewsEmbed from Getty Images
Todd Cantwell could return for Norwich after recovering from a thigh injury.
Grant Hanley, Christoph Zimmerman, Sam Byram (all hamstring) and Mortiz Leitner (hernia) are ruled out.
West Ham have no fresh injury concerns as Felipe Anderson (hamstring) and Robert Snodgrass remain absent.
- Norwich have won just one of their last five league meetings against West Ham (W1, D2, L2).
- West Ham are winless in five previous Premier League trips to Carrow Road (D3, L2).
- The home team has scored twice in each of last four clashes, of which all came in Premier League.
- Fabian Balbuena and Lukasz Fabianski are the only two West Ham players to have made more than one error which led to conceded goals, doing so on two occasions each.
- Both teams have won and scored one penalty apiece in 11 previous Premier League meetings.
Neither team deserved to lose in midweek, although a mix of defensive errors and lack of sharp finishing was what cost Norwich who have to win if want to starve off relegation.
West Ham meanwhile were just unlucky to find themselves silenced by Burnley’s excellent goalkeeper in Nick Pope, who did a fantastic job to keep the Hammers out despite all their efforts upon goal.
I therefore am expecting an attacking game but Norwich need to tighten up and score first, otherwise this should be a West Ham win if they are sharp enough and put the positives from midweek in practice here.
Prediction: Norwich City 0-2 West Ham United
Result: Norwich City 0-4 West Ham United (Norwich City are RELEGATED!!!)