Everton welcome Southampton to Goodison Park in a mid-table Premier League clash, as both teams look to finish tough seasons on a high.
Everton could have a chance to climb into tenth with a win if Burnley lose at West Ham on Wednesday evening, whereas Southampton could leapfrog their opponents into 11th with victory.
Team NewsEmbed from Getty Images
Theo Walcott could be available for Everton after recovering from an abdominal injury.
Mason Holgate (knock) is ruled out alongside Cenk Tosun (knee), Jean-Philippe Gbamin (Achilles) and Fabian Delph (muscle).
Southampton could welcome Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg back from an ankle injury.
Yan Valery (quad), Jannik Vestergaard (muscle), Moussa Djenepo (calf), Nathan Tella (unspecified) and Sofiane Boufal (thigh) remain out.
- Everton are unbeaten in three of last five meetings against Southampton in all competitions, including penalty shootouts (W2, D1, L2).
- Southampton have won just one of their last 15 trips to Goodison Park in all competitions, winning on penalties in their last trip in October 2018 (W1, D4, L10).
- Southampton’s Danny Ings has scored in three of his last four appearances against Everton.
- No Everton player has won more aerial battles this season than Dominic Calvert-Lewin, who has won 163 such aerial battles.
- 23.07% of Danny Ing’s 78 shots for Southampton this season in Premier League has been converted into goals, with the striker netting on 18 occasions overall.
Everton were rather subdued on Monday with not much on offer up front, whereas Southampton produced a defensive masterclass to defeat Manchester City whilst still offering real danger on the counter-attack.
Both teams however seem to be focusing on building momentum for next season, so this shouldn’t be a cracker but if the Saints produce another great performance then I can see an away win.
Prediction: Everton 0-1 Southampton
Result: Everton 1-1 Southampton