Norwich City welcome Manchester United to Carrow Road in the opening Quarter-Final tie of this season’s FA Cup.
A win for Norwich will see them return to Wembley for the first time since clinching promotion in the Championship Play-Off Final in 2015, whilst Man Utd are looking to go one step further than they did last season.
Team NewsEmbed from Getty Images
Josip Drmic is a doubt for Norwich with an ankle injury suffered during Wednesday’s loss to Everton, despite playing the entire match without being substituted.
Grant Hanley, Christoph Zimmerman and Sam Byram are all still out with hamstring injuries.
Man Utd remain without Axel Tuanzebe and Phil Jones due to unspecified injuries, otherwise Ole Gunnar-Solskjaer has a fully fit squad available for selection.
- Norwich have lost two of five previous FA Cup ties against Manchester United (W3, L2).
- Odion Ighalo is the only Man Utd player to have scored more than once in this season’s FA Cup, netting brace in the Fifth Round at Derby.
- Norwich are unbeaten in four of their last five home FA Cup matches (W1, D3, L1).
- Utd have lost their last two away FA Cup Quarter Final ties at Wolves (2018-19) and Chelsea (2016-17) respectively.
- Four of Norwich’s seven FA Cup goals this season came in the second half.
If Man Utd take control of this game early on like they did against Sheffield United then I really can’t see Norwich producing much to prevent a runaway win, especially if they continue to waste chances like they have done against Southampton then Everton.
Both teams however are likely to make changes but unless Norwich can produce a stern defensive setup that delivers, I just can’t see past an easy Utd win here.
Prediction: Norwich City 0-2 Manchester United
Result: Norwich City 1-2 Manchester United (AET)