Burnley welcome Watford to Turf Moor in a huge clash as the Clarets look to bounce back from Monday’s thrashing at Manchester City.
A win for Burnley could see them climb as high as ninth whilst Watford know that victory here would boost their survival hopes.
Team NewsEmbed from Getty Images
Robbie Brady is a doubt for Burnley after suffering an abductor tear in training on Sunday, which forced him to miss Monday’s defeat at Man City.
Chris Wood (Achilles), Johann Berg Gudmundsson (calf), Ashley Barnes (hernia) and Ben Gibson (fitness) all remain sidelined.
Watford have no fresh injury concerns to report with Isaac Success (Achilles), Gerard Deulofeu and Daryl Janmaat (both knee) still ruled out.
- Burnley have lost just two of seven previous Premier League meetings against Watford (W4, D1, L2).
- Watford’s 3-1 win in August 2018 was their first league win at Turf Moor in their last ten visits since winning 3-2 in April 2004.
- The winning team in two of last three meetings have scored three goals on each occasion.
- Three of Burnley’s last four home goals against Watford have come in the first half.
- No Watford player is yet to make a last man tackle this season.
Burnley will be relieved to have got their defeat at Man City out of the way because their run-in looks very favourable, which should hopefully give them a realistic shot at a top ten finish if not the Europa League qualifying spots.
Sean Dyche’s men however will need to show more attacking intent after a fairly flat performance at the Etihad, otherwise Watford will make life very difficult for them just like they did for Leicester on Saturday.
I therefore am hoping that this will be a hard fought game between two top-ten worthy teams, although I am going for a home win if they can rediscover their pre-lockdown spark.
Prediction: Burnley 2-1 Watford
Result: Burnley 1-0 Watford