Tottenham Hotspur look to keep their top five hopes alive as they welcome West Ham United to the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
A win for Spurs would temporarily lift them up to seventh whilst West Ham can move three points clear of relegation if they take victory.
Team NewsEmbed from Getty Images
Lucas Moura could return for Tottenham after missing Friday’s draw against Manchester United with a knock.
Dele Alli is also available after serving an one match ban, although Juan Foyth (knee), Japhet Tanganga (back) and Troy Parrott (appendix) miss out.
West Ham will be without Sebastien Haller (hip) and Robert Snodgrass (back) for this London Derby.
Angelo Ogbonna (hamstring), Arthur Masuaku (ankle) and Pablo Zabaleta (knock) all face late fitness tests.
- Tottenham have lost just one of their last five league meetings against West Ham (W3, D1, L1).
- West Ham’s Michail Antonio has scored on his last two appearances against Tottenham, with both goals coming in the second half.
- Spurs are winless in their last three home games against West Ham in all competitions (D1, L2).
- Fabian Balbuena is the only outfield West Ham player to have made two errors which led to a conceded goal.
- Only five of Tottenham’s 48 league goals this seasons have come from headers, of which Harry Kane is the only player to score two headed goals.
This should be a very interesting match because Tottenham weren’t at their best on Friday night against Man Utd, yet grinded out a draw after taking the lead from a mistake.
West Ham on other hand slowly grew into their game against Wolves but just weren’t able to convert any of their attacks into goals, although the lessons should stand them in good stead here if are clinical early on and Spurs start like they did on Friday.
I therefore am expecting a tight competitive game here but first goal will be key because if Tottenham score the opener, I can see them hanging on for the win.
Prediction: Tottenham Hotspur 1-0 West Ham United
Result: Tottenham Hotspur 2-0 West Ham United