Jose Mourinho’s Tottenham Hotspur welcome his former team, Manchester United to the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in a blockbuster Friday Night Football clash.
Spurs can reignite their top five hopes by climbing to sixth with victory here, whilst Man Utd know that victory will temporarily take them up to fourth until Sunday evening at least.
Team NewsEmbed from Getty Images
Dele Alli will miss this match for Tottenham after receiving an one match ban for improper conduct during lockdown.
Japhet Tanganga is ruled out with a stress fracture in his back, alongside Troy Parrot and Giovani Lo Celso whose injuries remains undisclosed.
Harry Kane meanwhile will start after over six months sidelined with a hamstring injury, whichy saw him doubtful for the now postponed Euros. .
Man Utd will welcome Marcus Rashford back from a back injury which had sidelined him since January.
Phil Jones and Axel Tuanzebe however are ruled out in defence with undisclosed injuries.
- Tottenham have lost three of their last five league meetings against Manchester United (W2, L3).
- Utd’s Marcus Rashford has scored three goals in his last two appearances against Spurs, with the Red Devils winning on both occasions.
- Tottenham are unbeaten in six of their last seven home league games against Man Utd (W3, D3, L1).
- No Premier League player has hit the woodwork more than Utd’s Marcus Rashford this season, who has found the frame on 6 different occasions.
- Spurs’ Son Heung-min has produced seven assists this season, more than any other player across both teams coming into this fixture.
Although playing behind closed doors will have its initial physiological effects on player mentality, Manchester City showed on Wednesday that it doesn’t have an impact on the big guns so I am expecting a strong competitive game here.
Both teams will have key players back from injury but Utd do look well placed in my opinion to go for the win, if Paul Pogba and Bruno Fernandes can quickly form a strong midfield partnership and Marcus Rashford rediscovers his early season quality.
I therefore am expecting to see goals here with the top five battle at stake, although Utd do look like the better placed team in terms of quality available to take a win.
Prediction: Tottenham Hotspur 1-2 Manchester United
Result: Tottenham Hotspur 1-1 Manchester United