Sheffield Wednesday look to stun Manchester City in Wednesday’s big Fifth Round clash at Hillsborough.
Fresh from defending their Carabao Cup ground, Man City will be looking to avoid a cupset as the Owls look to prevent City from another cup double.
Team newsEmbed from Getty Images
Connor Wickham and Josh Windass are ruled out for Sheffield Wednesday, having previously featured in earlier rounds for their parent clubs.
Steven Fletcher however is fit to play after being subbed at half-time against Derby on Saturday as a precaution.
Manchester City will have Sergio Aguero available despite the Argentinean suffering a knock to his knee in Sunday’s League Cup win at Wembley.
Leroy Sane (knee) and Aymeric Laporte (hamstring) are both sidelined.
- Sheffield Wednesday are winless in six FA Cup meetings against Manchester City (D2, L4), with both draws coming at Hillsborough.
- Man City have won their last two FA Cup meetings against the Owls by 2-1 results, although both wins came at home at the Etihad Stadium.
- Both teams have scored in four of their six previous FA Cup meetings, with City scoring in all six of those clashes.
- None of Man City’s last starting lineup against Wednesday in January 2015 are still with the club.
- City have kept just one clean sheet in their last four away FA Cup games (excluding Wembley), which came in a 2-0 win at Cardiff in January 2018.
With just four clean sheets in all competitions since late December, Sheffield Wednesday need to play the game of their life because I really can’t see them threatening much on recent performances.
Man City meanwhile will come and attack this game irrespective of who starts, even if it means biding their time like they did against Aston Villa on Sunday before calmly controlling the rest of the game.
I therefore am going for a City win but with a clean sheet because the Owls don’t have much to offer unlike Villa in terms of response.
Prediction: Sheffield Wednesday 0-2 Manchester City
Result: Sheffield Wednesday 0-1 Manchester City