Watford welcome Liverpool to Vicarage Road as both teams look for a vital win at opposite ends of the Premier League table.
Watford need a win to potentially move out of the relegation zone, whilst Liverpool will go 25 points clear of second-placed Manchester City with a win.
Team newsEmbed from Getty Images
Watford have no fresh concerns as Kiko Femenia and Daryl Janmaat remain out with respective hamstring and knee injuries.
Liverpool also have no fresh injury concerns to report as James Milner closes in on a return from a muscular injury, although he is unlikely to be risked here ahead of Tuesday’s FA Cup trip to Chelsea.
Jordan Henderson, Yasser Larouci (both hamstring), Xherdan Shaqiri (calf), and Nathaniel Clyne (knee) are all still ruled out.
Watford enter this match without a win in their last five games (D2, L3), although they have scored in four of their last five home league outings with exception of a goalless draw against Tottenham last month.
Liverpool are currently on a 18 league match winning run with just four goals conceded in their last six away trips across all competitions.
- Watford have taken just one point from their last eight league meetings against Liverpool (D1, L7).
- Liverpool have scored three goals in each of their last two trips to Watford.
- Watford have conceded in each of their last four games against Liverpool without scoring, which is their worst ever run without netting against the Reds.
- Watford’s Christian Kabasele is the only Premier League player to have received two red cards this season.
- Only one penalty has been awarded in 13 previous Premier League meetings between these two teams, which was scored by Liverpool’s Roberto Firmino in a 3-3 draw at Vicarage Road in August 2017.
Watford have to raise their game more because despite recent defensive deficiencies, Liverpool are fearsome going forward but Jurgen Klopp might now have a eye on Tuesday’s FA Cup trip to Chelsea and rest some of their top players here.
Watford therefore should probably hope that the likes of Sadio Mane and Mohamed Salah don’t start, otherwise I can’t see anything other than a comfortable away win given Liverpool’s form.
Prediction: Watford 0-3 Liverpool
Result: Watford 3-0 Liverpool