Roy Hodgson marks his 100th match in charge of Crystal Palace with a tasty M23 derby visit to Brighton & Hove Albion at the AMEX Stadium.
A win for Brighton will lift them above Newcastle United in 14th on goal difference for at least a few hours, whilst Palace can likewise move above Southampton into 12th with victory.
Team newsEmbed from Getty Images
Dale Stephen is expected to be available for Brighton if he passes a late fitness test, having missed the Seagulls’ last two matches with a thigh injury.
Jose Izquierdo however remains ruled out with a knee injury.
Crystal Palace are set have Luka Milivojevic available after the Serbian missed their win over Newcastle through illness last Saturday.
Cheikhou Kouyate is a doubt with an ankle injury but James Tomkins, Mamadou Sakho (both hamstring) and Jeffrey Schlupp (groin) remain ruled out.
Brighton come into this game without a win in their last seven league outings (D5, L2), whilst taking three consecutive 1-1 home draws during this run.
Crystal Palace ended a seven match winless streak with victory over Newcastle last weekend (W1, D4, L3), with just one of their last five away goals in their last four away trips coming before half time.
- Brighton have lost just one of five previous Premier League meetings against Crystal Palace (W2, D2, L1).
- Palace have conceded first in their last three clashes against Brighton.
- There has been just one draw in the last five meetings between these teams at the AMEX Stadium in all competitions, with both teams managing two wins each.
- Neither team are yet to miss a penalty in five previous Premier League meetings, with Palace scoring their two penalties to Brighton’s one.
- Palace are yet to receive a red card against Brighton in five previous Premier League clashes.
Both teams haven’t exactly set results alight in 2020 but have dug in to collect nine draws between them, which is excellent credit to both managers although Brighton do really need a win here to give them a confidence boost.
I however don’t see this game producing much of a thriller but if the Seagulls can tighten up their defence and score first, I can see them clinging on for a potentially important win but they do need to start scoring more goals to avoid relegation.
Prediction: Brighton 1-0 Crystal Palace
Result: Brighton 0-1 Crystal Palace