Arsenal look to begin a turnaround in form as they take on Southampton at the Emirates Stadium.
Regardless of how Tottenham fare at West Ham, Arsenal need a win to temporarily return to fifth, whilst Southampton can potentially move closer to safety with victory but will remain in the relegation zone on goal difference.
Team newsEmbed from Getty Images
Sead Kolasinac is a doubt for Arsenal with a tight hamstring but will be handed a late fitness test.
Dani Ceballos meanwhile is ruled out until mid December with a serious hamstring injury.
Southampton have no fresh injury concerns with a full squad available for selection.
Arsenal enter this match with just one win in their last five league matches, having drawn and lost two apiece of their last four such outings with both draws coming at home.
Southampton have just a single point from their last seven league games but have scored in their last eight away trips across all competitions, since a three goal thumping at Burnley on the opening weekend.
- Arsenal have taken 10 points from their last five league meetings with Southampton (W3, D1, L1).
- In two of their last three meetings, the home team has taken 3-2 victories.
- Southampton have won two of three clashes against Arsenal in all competitions to be held in November this century, although the last two ties came at the Emirates with both teams winning one apiece by 2-0 results.
- Calum Chambers is Arsenal’s top English player to have won aerial battles, producing 14 aerial victories in comparison to Ainsley Maitland-Niles’ seven.
- Jan Bednarek is the only Southampton player to make a last man tackle this season.
Neither team come into this match in fine form but the international break has given both clubs a chance to reset.
We therefore should see a good game here because both teams are good at scoring but not defending, which is going to be key here to securing victory.
I therefore fancy another competitive game like last season but my gut instinct says a shock Saints win, given that the majority of their squad weren’t on international duty so had time to work on their issues ahead of this match.
Prediction: Arsenal 1-2 Southampton
Result: Arsenal 2-2 Southampton