Burnley take on West Ham United at Turf Moor as both teams look to end a slide in form, which has seen both teams tumble into mid-table of the Premier League.
A home win could lift Burnley above West Ham into the top ten, whereas the Hammers could go as high as eighth with victory and other results going their way.
Team newsEmbed from Getty Images
Chris Wood could return for Burnley after missing their last two games with a hamstring injury.
Johann Berg Gudmundsson (hamstring) and Danny Drinkwater (ankle) are slowly regaining fitness but won’t be risked until after the international break.
West Ham will hand Jack Wilshire a late fitness test as he continues to overcome a groin injury.
Lukasz Fabianski (hip) and Michail Antonio (thigh) both remain ruled out but Winston Reid could feature off the bench as he continues to slowly regain full match fitness.
Burnley are currently on a three match losing run, having taken eight points from their previous four beforehand but are yet to draw a home game this season.
West Ham have taken just two points from their last five matches but are unbeaten in four of their five away league games, despite drawing three of those outings.
- Burnley have taken just ten points from ten Premier League meetings with West Ham (W3, D1).
- Both teams have scored in four of five previous Premier League meetings at Turf Moor.
- Burnley’s Chris Wood has been offside on a league high 14 occasions this season.
- No West Ham players have scored a headed league goal yet this season.
- Both teams have conceded two penalties each, although Burnley has seen just one of their two conceded penalties converted into a goal.
Both teams need to raise their game here because poor defending has been costly in terms of their European spot ambitions, and especially for West Ham who were woeful last weekend against Newcastle.
I therefore am expecting plenty of chances at both ends but if Wood is available – even from the bench, I can see Burnley eventually breaking the Hammers’ back line down and getting a huge win.
Prediction: Burnley 2-1 West Ham United
Result: Burnley 3-0 West Ham United