Manchester City look to keep the pressure on Liverpool as they welcome Wolves to the Etihad Stadium.
Man City can restore their five point gap to Liverpool with victory here whilst Wolves can climb to eleventh with all three points and move further away from the relegation zone.
Kevin De Bruyne is ruled out for Manchester City with a groin injury which he picked up just before Tuesday’s Champions League victory over Dinamo Zagreb.
John Stones (muscular), Aymeric Laporte and Leroy Sane (both knee) remain sidelined, although Stones is set to return after the international break.
Wolves have a near full squad available with Diogo Jota their only absentee due to a foot injury.
Man City have lost just one match in all competitions this season whilst conceding just twice at home against Tottenham, which is the only time they dropped points at home in three league games at the Etihad.
Wolves ended a six match winless league run last weekend with a home win at Watford before following it up with an away Europa win at Besiktas on Thursday.
- Manchester City are unbeaten in their last seven competitive meetings with Wolves (W6, D1), despite Wolves winning this summer’s pre-season Premier League Asia Trophy via penalties after a goalless draw.
- Gabriel Jesus scored a brace for Man City in January’s clash with Wolves at the Etihad.
- Man City’s Sergio Aguero leads the race for the Golden Boot with eight goals, despite failing to score at Everton last weekend.
- Aguero and Wolves’ Raul Jimenez have both hit the woodworks twice this season.
- 23 of Man City’s 27 league goals have come from inside the box this season.
Wolves have finally rediscovered their spark which was present throughout their Europa League qualifiers, although this is going to be a difficult clash given Man City’s home form.
I am therefore struggling to see past a home win here because City look unbeatable but Wolves should be able to squeeze something out of this if they can start on the front foot and test the Citizens’ defence.
Prediction: Manchester City 3-1 Wolves
Result: Manchester City 0-2 Wolves