Saturday’s big Championship clash sees league leaders, Swansea City take on rock-bottom Stoke City at the Liberty Stadium in a huge match for both teams.
A win for the Swans could extend their lead at the top whilst Stoke look to cut their gap to second-bottom Huddersfield back down to just goal difference.
Team newsEmbed from Getty Images
Nathan Dyer could return from a muscular injury for Swansea alongside Jake Bidwell who is back after serving a three match suspension.
Aldo Kalulu is however still sidelined with an ankle injury.
Stoke have a full squad available as goalkeeper, Jack Butland looks to return to the starting eleven after being rested in midweek.
Swansea ended a three match winless run containing two draws and a defeat last time out when they came from behind to beat Charlton in midweek.
Stoke are still winless after suffering a midweek defeat to Huddersfield as they have now lost eight of ten league games this season, although they have scored in three of their four away games.
- Swansea have taken just 10 points from their last ten league meetings with Stoke (W3, D1, L6).
- Stoke have scored in three of their four trips to Swansea, with the only exception being a 2-0 defeat in April 2017.
- Swansea last went on a unbeaten run against Stoke between January 2013 and February 2014 (W1, D2).
- Borja Baston has scored five goals in four of his five appearances at home for Swansea this season.
- Two of Stoke’s three away league goals came before half-time this season.
With both teams at opposite ends of the table. this is going to be an interesting clash because Stoke have played well lately but defence has been their downfall as usual.
Swansea meanwhile had to scrap for their midweek win at Charlton so need a cleaner performance if want to stay top of the table, which will be a tough ask against a decent Stoke team on the attack.
I am therefore going to go for a home win because I can see the likes of Baston, Bersant Celina and Andre Ayew exploiting the Potters’ unstable defence to maximum effect, even if Stoke can get themselves a goal here.
Prediction: Swansea City 2-1 Stoke City
Result: Swansea City 1-2 Stoke City