Last season’s Championship champions, Norwich City take on defending champions, Manchester City at Carrow Road in a huge Premeir League clash.
At least one point for Norwich could lift them out of the relegation zone whilst Man City could go top depending on what happens at Liverpool on Saturday Lunchtime.
Team newsEmbed from Getty Images
Norwich City will be without Tom Trybull after the midfielder picked up ankle ligament damage at the start of the international break, whilst Mario Vrancic and Mortiz Leitner are also absent in midfield with calf injuries.
Grant Hanley however is set to return from a muscle injury which kept him out of their defeat at West Ham last time.
Ben Godfrey and Tim Krul are doubts with respective groin and elbow injuries.
Onel Hernandez and Timm Klose are still sidelined with knee injuries whilst Christoph Zimmerman is ruled out with a foot injury. Max Aarons meanwhile is ruled out with an ankle injury picked up on international duty for England U21s against Kosovo.
Patrick Roberts is ineligble to face his parent club, having joined on loan from Man City this summer.
Manchester City will have Ilkay Gundogan available after the midfielder missed Germany’s win over Northern Ireland on Monday with illness.
John Stones (thigh) and Gabriel Jesus (hamstring) are both available whilst Benjamin Mendy is a week away from full fitness as he continues his rehabilitation from a knee injury.
Aymeric Laporte and Leroy Sane remain sidelined with serious knee injuries.
Norwich have lost four of their last five in all competitions whilst Teemu Pukki’s three league match scoring run was ended last time out by the Hammers in a 2-0 away defeat.
Manchester City are unbeaten in their opening four games with three wins and a draw whilst Raheem Sterling’s three game scoring run was ended last time out in a 4-0 home win over Brighton.
- Norwich have won just two of 16 Premier League meetings with Manchester City (W2, D6, L8).
- The last two league meetings at Carrow Road finished goalless.
- Only six players from the last team sheet between these two teams in March 2016 still remain with their club (Norwich – Timm Klose, Man City – Nicolas Otamendi, David Silva, Fernandinho, Sergio Aguero & Raheem Sterling).
- Man City’s Kevin De Bruyne (5) and David Silva (4) have made a combined nine assists so far this season, more than the top two assistants from every other club.
- All of Norwich’s six goals this season has come from inside the box.
Norwich are going to have to turn out their greatest performance yet under Daniel Farke because Man City look unstoppable at the minute.
There however is the small issue of a light defence due to injuries and a hectic run of fixtures for City coming up meaning that rotation is likely, which could provide slight hope for the Canaries but I can’t see them getting much other than a goal here.
Prediction: Norwich City 1-4 Manchester City
Result: Norwich City 3-2 Manchester City