World Cup runners-up, Croatia welcome Wales to the Stadion Gradski for a crucial UEFA Euro 2020 qualifier.
Both teams are currently level on points in Group E with Wales ahead on goal difference, having played a game less than their hosts.
Team newsEmbed from Getty Images
Wales have left-back, Ben Davies available after he opted to postpone end of season surgery on a groin injury.
Aaron Ramsey however misses out with a hamstring injury and is Ryan Giggs’ only absentee.
Croatia meanwhile have several regulars missing through injury including; Ivan Rakitic (hamstring) and Ante Rebic (knee).
Sime Vrsaljko, Josip Pivaric, Nikola Vlasic and Marko Pjaca are also absent with various injuries.
- Croatia are unbeaten in four meetings with Wales (W3, D1).
- Wales’ last two trips to Croatia both ended in 2-0 defeats.
- Croatia are unbeaten in their last 23 home games across all competitions and haven’t lost an European Championship home qualifier since 1994.
- Wales have lost just one of their last 13 UEFA Euro qualifiers, losing 2-0 away to Bosnia and Herzegovina in October 2015.
- Should Joe Allen feature for Wales, he will pick up his 50th international cap.
Given Croatia’s quality even accounting for absent players, Wales are going to have to be at their absolute best to get anything from this game.
If anything, Giggs need David Brooks and Harry Wilson to bring their club form onto the international stage because aside from Gareth Bale, those two are probably Wales’ best hope of creating a goal.
Croatia however should have enough about them to get the win even if they’re missing Rakitic.
Prediction: Croatia 2-1 Wales
Result: Croatia 2-1 Wales