This weekend’s Friday Night Football sees Everton meet Burnley at Goodison Park in the Premier League.
For Everton, victory will keep their faint hopes of seventh and possible Europa League qualification alive, whilst Burnley are looking to finish as high as they can.
Team newsEmbed from Getty Images
Everton have no fresh injury concerns as Yerry Mina prepares to return from a hamstring injury.
Andre Gomes meanwhile serves the last of a three match ban.
Burnley will have Peter Crouch available after missing recent games through an appendix injury.
Phil Bardsley is also likely to return from a gashed leg if he passes a late fitness test.
Aaron Lennon (knee) and Steven Defour (calf) are both still sidelined and won’t be available until start of next season.
Everton have lost just one of their last six matches and have taken ten points from their last four at home.
Burnley saw a four match unbeaten run ended last time out by Manchester City, which also ended a run of 11 games in 12 where the Clarets netted at least once.
- Everton have won just two of last five meetings with Burnley (W2, L3).
- There hasn’t single draw in any of last ten meetings since a 1-1 draw at Turf Moor in August 1975, with both teams winning five games each during this run.
- Everton’s last double over Burnley came in 2014-15 season.
- Burnley have made 210 blocks this season with 101 of those blocks coming from James Tarkowski (54) and Ben Mee (47), who are the league’s top two blockers this season.
- Everton have made 773 crosses this season with 34.2% of those crosses coming from Lucas Digne.
With both teams in good form, I am expecting a good battle because Burnley will sit back and play off the counter against a strong Everton side.
I therefore wouldn’t be surprised to see a draw here but Everton need the win and should just edge this if are at their clinical best.
Prediction: Everton 2-1 Burnley
Jake predicts: Everton 0-0 Burnley
Result: Everton 2-0 Burnley