Barcelona welcome Liverpool to the Nou Camp in the first leg of their UEFA Champions League semi-final, where both teams know that victory here could be crucial for their title hopes.
Team newsEmbed from Getty Images
Rafinha is Barcelona’s only absentee with a long-term knee injury as Ernesto Valverde has a near full squad available to choose from.
Roberto Firmino and Fabinho are available for Liverpool after recovering from respective groin and head injuries.
Adam Lallana (muscle) however is absent from the 23 man squad who have made the trip to Barcelona.
- Liverpool have lost just two of their eight previous meetings with Barcelona (W3, D3, L2).
- The Reds haven’t lost any of their four previous trips to the Nou Camp (W2, D2).
- Liverpool have progressed from two of their three previous Champions League appearances at this stage.
- This is Barcelona’s first appearance at this stage since winning the 2014-15 tournament.
- Liverpool are winless in four of their last six Champions League away games (excluding last season’s Final as was neutral venue), although have won their last two against Porto and Bayern Munich (W2, L4).
With two teams at the top of their game and in the hands of two quality managers, this should be a thrilling matchup with plenty of goals.
Liverpool however are yet to lose here so if they can contain the likes of Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez, I can see them getting a key away goal to take back to Anfield for the second leg next week.
Prediction: Barcelona 1-1 Liverpool