Derby head to Swansea for a crucial Sky Bet Championship clash at the Liberty Stadium, where they could all but guarantee a play-off spot with victory.
Swansea are playing for pride here whilst Derby must win otherwise they are in a three way shootout for the final play-off spot on Sunday against Middlesbrough and Bristol City, with the toughest final day fixture out of the three.
Team newsEmbed from Getty Images
Leroy Fer has been ruled out of Swansea’s final two matches with a knee strain to end what has been an injury disrupted season.
Martin Olsson (Achilles) is the Swans’ only other absentee as Graham Potter has a near full squad available to select from.
Derby could be without Fikayo Tomori after he was subbed early on with a dead leg at Bristol City on Saturday.
Craig Bryson and Andy King ( both ankle) and Ashley Cole (groin) remained sidelined as Duane Holmes is in contention after recovering from a thigh injury.
- Swansea have won two of their last five meetings with Derby (W2, D1, L2).
- Swansea have lost their last two meetings with Derby by 2-1 results.
- Two of last three league meetings at the Liberty Stadium have ended in draws, with Swansea winning the other by a single goal by Fede Bessone.
- 12 of Harry Wilson’s 14 goals this season have come in the Championship, and is Derby’s top scorer this season.
- Oli McBurnie has scored in 48.5% of his games for Swansea this season.
With a play-off spot within reach, this is a huge test for a Derby side who in recent weeks have shown a tendency to grind out wins yet are vulnerable at set pieces and have West Brom to come on the final day.
Swansea however were a difficult side to beat at home in April, dropping only two points so I am expecting a proper test of Derby’s defence here from the in-form Oli McBurnie because this won’t be an easy task.
I am therefore expecting a good open game as Derby must go for it here, otherwise I can’t see them finishing sixth but Swansea have scored at least twice in their last six home matches.
Prediction: Swansea City 2-2 Derby County
Result: Swansea City 1-1 Derby County