Norwich City head to the BET 365 Stadium for an Easter Monday Championship clash with Stoke City, where only a win could see the Canaries promoted with two rounds remaining.
In order for that scenario to happen though, Norwich would need at least one of Sheffield United or Leeds to lose their away trips to Hull and Brentford respectively.
Team newsEmbed from Getty Images
Stoke City will welcome Jack Butland back into goal after the England international missed Friday’s defeat at Middlesbrough for personal reasons.
Defenders, Ryan Shawcross and Bruno Martins-Indi could return after missing the trip to Boro with unspecified injuries.
Tom Ince is the Potters’ only definite absentee as he continues his recovery from a hamstring injury.
Norwich have Emiliano Buendia available after the Argentinean was suspended for their last three matches.
Jordan Rhodes is also set to feature after being ineligble to face his parent club – Sheffield Wednesday in a 2-2 draw.
Stoke have taken just five points from their last five matches but have drawn four of their last five home games, winning the other when beat Nottingham Forest 2-0 in early March.
Norwich enter this match on the back of three consecutive draws but are unbeaten in their last five away trips with four wins and a draw.
- Stoke have lost just one of their last five meetings with Norwich (W2, D2, L1).
- Since this second tier was rebranded as the Championship in 2004, Stoke are unbeaten at home in three Championship meetings by a 10-2 aggregate.
- Five Stoke players are still with the club since the last clash between these teams here in January 2016, compared to Norwich of which only Alexander Tettey still features for the club.
- Two goals during Norwich’s last three matches have come in 97th minute, with the Canaries on both ends of conceding and scoring one of those goals.
- Only one of Stoke’s last eight goals have come in second half – Benfik Afobe scoring in 74th minute of their win over Forest.
Stoke have been so inconsistent this season that neither a win or loss would probably be a surprise.
Norwich however seems to be just grinding out the necessary points needed for promotion now, so if Stoke can produce another solid performance but tighter at back then I can see a point apiece here.
Prediction: Stoke City 1-1 Norwich City
Result: Stoke City 2-2 Norwich City