Brighton and Hove Albion welcome Cardiff City to the Amex Stadium for a relegation six pointer.
Brighton enter this game five points clear of Cardiff and know that victory will all but condemn the Bluebirds to relegation with four games remaining.
Team newsEmbed from Getty Images
Brighton will be without Anthony Knockaert who is suspended after being sent off on Saturday against Bournemouth.
Solly March (calf) and Pascal Gross (thigh) are expected to be available but Jason Steele remains sidelined with a wrist injury.
Cardiff have no fresh injury concerns with goalkeeper, Alex Smithies ruled out as he continues to close in on a first-team return from a knee injury.
Jazz Richards (hamstring), Sol Bamba (knee), Matthew Connolly and Callum Paterson (both ankle) are all ruled out as well for the Bluebirds.
Brighton are winless in their last four across all competitions without scoring since returning from the international break, and have just four points from their last six home matches.
Cardiff enter this game with just one win from their last seven and have lost each of their last three away trips by 2-0 results, since beating Southampton 2-1 in early February.
- Brighton have won just one of their last five meetings with Cardiff (W1, D2, L2).
- The Seagulls haven’t lost any of their last five home games against Cardiff (W1, D4).
- Both teams have scored in three of their last five clashes, with Brighton netting three goals to Cardiff’s seven in those games.
- Neil Etheridge have conceded the most goals out of all Premier League goalkeepers this season, leaking 61 goals.
- Glenn Murray has committed 70 fouls for Brighton, more than any other player this season.
Brighton were beyond diabolical against Bournemouth so to see any improvement here is a huge ask against what is sure to be an angry Cardiff side after Saturday’s poor refereeing in their away defeat at Burnley.
I am therefore expecting a tough game here and if Cardiff are pacey on the counter, I am backing them to win here and keep their survival hopes alive.
Prediction: Brighton & Hove Albion 1-2 Cardiff City
Jake predicts: Brighton & Hove Albion 0-0 Cardiff City
Result: Brighton & Hove Albion 0-2 Cardiff City