Crystal Palace kicks off this weekend’s Super Sunday as they welcome title chasing Manchester City to Selhurst Park.
Victory here will send Manchester City top ahead of Liverpool’s clash with Chelsea in the late Super Sunday match.
Crystal Palace meanwhile can further consolidate a mid-table finish with even a point, although three points could inspire a potential late charge for seventh.
Team newsEmbed from Getty Images
Crystal Palace could have Max Meyer back from illness for this match.
James Tomkins (groin) and Mamadou Sakho (knee) are sidelined until next season for Palace.
Oleksandr Zinchenko and Bernardo Silva could return for Manchester City if both pass late fitness tests.
Zinchenko has missed City’s last two games with a thigh injury whilst Silva suffered a muscular issue in training ahead of the Citizens’ Champions League clash with Tottenham in midweek.
Claudio Bravo meanwhile could be back before end of season from an Achilles rupture but won’t be risked in next few weeks.
Crystal Palace have won three of their last five games, scoring in four of those with Luka Milivojevic finding the net from penalty spot in three of those games – including their last two home games.
Manchester City saw their 14 match unbeaten run in all competitions ended in midweek at Spurs, although they have won their last two league games by 2-0 results.
- Crystal Palace’s win in December ended a run of one win in previous 16 meetings across all competitions with Manchester City (W2, D1, L14).
- At home, Palace have won just three goals in last seven games against Man City.
- Sergio Aguero is the current leader in the race for this season’s Golden Boot with 19 goals.
- Seven Crystal Palace players have made more than one assist this season compared to just five in the entirety of last season.
- Aaron Wan-Bissaka has produced 103 clearances for Palace compared to Kyle Walker’s 35 for City.
With Man City fighting for four trophies, you have to wonder if the pressure might be starting to bite a little based on two rather lethargic performances in the past week.
I therefore am expecting a response here given their record against Palace but if the Eagles play like they did at Newcastle last weekend, we might see a draw here.
Prediction: Crystal Palace 1-1 Manchester City
Jake predicts: Crystal Palace 1-3 Manchester City
Result: Crystal Palace 1-3 Manchester City