Having thrashed Czech Republic on Friday, England head to Montenegro looking to make it a perfect start to their UEFA EURO 2020 qualifying group.
Team newsEmbed from Getty Images
Montenegro could be without Stefan Savic as he battles against a hamstring injury.
Stevan Jovetic however is ruled out with muscle issues and has returned to Monaco for treatment.
England will be without Eric Dier after the Tottenham player limped off in the first-half against Czech Republic with a muscular injury.
Gareth Southgate could however rotate his squad with Kieran Trippier and Callum Hudson-Odoi amongst those likely to start.
- England are unbeaten in four meetings with Montenegro (W1, D3).
- Both meetings in Montenegro have finished as score draws.
- Only Kyle Walker and Ross Barkley remain from the last England squad to face Montegro, winning 4-1 at home during qualifying for 2014 FIFA World Cup.
- Raheem Sterling has scored five goals across two of England’s last three competitive matches.
- Stefan Musgosa has scored four of Montenegro’s last six goals.
- If Jordan Henderson starts, this will be his 50th England cap for the senior team.
Montenegro might be without their biggest players but proved a difficult side to beat in Bulgaria.
England however will be tough to stop with their high energy and containment quality, which the Czechs couldn’t handle so I expect Montenegro to play on counter here.
A counter strategy ultimately won’t be enough as this England side is way better than previous gens to have faced Montenegro and should win rather comfortably if play like they did on Friday.
Prediction: Montenegro 1-3 England