PSG hold a two goal lead entering the second leg as they welcome Manchester United to Pac des Princes for a huge evening of Champions League Football.
Team newsEmbed from Getty Images
PSG have no fresh injury concerns with Edinson Cavani available after missing the first leg through a hip injury.
Brazilian star, Neymar however remains out with a metatarsal injury for the hosts.
Aleix Sanchez is ruled out for Manchester United throughout the whole of March with a knee injury.
Antonio Valencia (calf), Matteo Darmian (fitness), Anthony Martial (groin) and Nemanja Matic (muscle) are also absent from United’s squad as Phil Jones misses the trip through illness.
Ander Herrera, Juan Mata and Jesse Lingard are all sidelined for foreseeable future with hamstring strains, whilst Paul Pogba is suspended after being sent off in the first leg.
- This is Manchester United’s first ever trip to PSG, having lost first leg 2-0 at home.
- No club has overturned a deflict of two goals or more from losing first leg at home on 34 occasions to progress to the next round.
- PSG have lost the second leg of this stage for last three seasons, crashing out of the tournament as a result.
- Manchester United have crashed out in two of their last three appearances at this stage, losing the second leg during both of their exits although all three second legs came at home.
- Only one English side has ever beaten PSG at Parc des Princes – Jose Mourinho’s Chelsea in September 2004.
This is a huge ask for Manchester United despite their strong form with the first leg defeat, their only loss under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
I can see them giving this a real good go but with several regulars missing through injury, its hard to see them getting anything here.
Prediction: PSG 2-1 Manchester United
Result: PSG 1-3 Manchester United (Tie level 3-3 on aggregate. Man Utd win on away goals)