Blackburn Rovers welcome Middlesbrough to Ewood Park as the Sky Bet Championship Play-Offs continues to heat up.
Victory for Rovers will see them cut the gap to Boro down to five points whilst an away win will see Tony Pulis’ side move up into fifth, above Bristol City.
Team newsEmbed from Getty Images
Blackburn will recall Bradley Dack and Danny Graham to starting lineup after resting both in midweek against Reading.
Rovers meanwhile have no fresh injury concerns as defender, Darragh Lenihan remains out with a knee problem.
Middlesbrough will be without the injured Aden Flint whilst Daniel Ayala serves an one match suspension after being sent off in midweek at Sheffield United.
Tony Pulis also revealed that there are “a couple of other injuries where we won’t know until last minute.”
Blackburn are winless in their last three league games, having won four of previous seven beforehand.
At home, Rovers have won three of last five and conceded just three goals, of which two were 1-0 defeats and all conceded goals came in second half.
Middlesbrough’s consistent WDWDWD league form came to an end in midweek when Richard Stearman’s header secured Sheffield United victory.
Boro however have scored in eight of last ten but have lost their last two away trips in all competitions without finding the net.
- Blackburn are unbeaten in last seven against Middlesbrough, although five of those meetings finished as draws (W2, D5).
- Three of last five clashes have finished as one all draws.
- Only one of Blackburn’s last four goals in this fixture has come in first half.
- Tony Pulis is unbeaten in seven of his 13 meetings with Blackburn as a manager (W3, D4, L6)
- Britt Assombalonga has scored three goals across two of Middlesbrough’s last three away games.
Blackburn need to halt their slump with victory otherwise a potential play-off spot will look unlikely.
Their recent record in this fixture however suggests that they should get at least a point and I do see that happening given Boro’s inconsistency.
Prediction: Blackburn Rovers 1-1 Middlesbrough
Result: Blackburn Rovers 0-1 Middlesbrough