Having been displaced at top of Sky Bet Championship in midweek, Norwich face a trip to relegation threatened Bolton Wanderers at the University of Bolton Stadium.
Whilst victory won’t lift Bolton out of relegation zone on goal difference, all Norwich need is at least a draw to return to the league summit ahead of Leeds United.
Team newsEmbed from Getty Images
Bolton could be without Gary O’ Neil and Marc Wilson after picking up respective calf and hamstring injuries at Birmingham City in midweek.
Sammy Ameobi and Clayton Donaldson both got run outs during that game as they step up their comebacks from hip and groin injuries respectively.
Norwich will hand Emi Buendia and Marco Stiepermann late fitness tests after the pair suffered muscle injuries in midweek against Preston.
Alex Tettey is out with ankle ligament damage and joins Mario Vrancic (ankle) on sidelines.
Mortiz Leitner (calf) and Timm Klose (ankle) could be included in the squad as they step up their recoveries.
Norwich saw their six match unbeaten run ended in midweek at Preston North End, losing 3-1. That defeat means that the Canaries have kept just two clean sheets in their last 11 across all competitions.
Bolton ended a seven match winless run last time out after Callum Connelly’s header proved the difference at Birmingham in midweek.
The Trotters have scored in their last two games, having netted only twice in previous six beforehand.
- Bolton have taken just four points from last five Championship meetings with Norwich.
- Norwich have avoided defeat in six of last seven meetings with Bolton across all competitions (W5, D1, L1).
- Four of last five meetings have seen both teams score with three of those clashes finishing 2-1 to the winning team.
- Teemu Pukki has scored six goals in his last five appearances for Norwich.
- Norwich have opened the scoring in four of their last five matches, winning on all four occasions.
Expect a reaction from Norwich to Wednesday’s defeat at Deepdale and although Bolton produced a great result, I can see them bearing the brunt of the Canaries’ frustration here rather heavily.
Prediction: Bolton Wanderers 0-3 Norwich City
Result: Bolton Wanderers 0-4 Norwich City