After two months off, UEFA Champions League returns with a blockbuster clash as Manchester United meet PSG at Old Trafford in first leg of their last 16 clash.
Team newsEmbed from Getty Images
Manchester United will be without Antonio Valencia and Matteo Darmian as niggles continue to keep them sidelined.
Other than those two defenders, Ole Gunnar-Solskjaer has a full squad available.
PSG are missing star players, Edinson Cavani and Neymar for this clash, as
Right back, Thomas Meunier is also out after suffering concussion in their last match against Bordeaux.
Midfielder, Marco Verratti looks set to start after returning from an ankle injury at weekend.
- This is the first ever meeting between these teams.
- PSG have won just one of their last three knockout ties with English opposition.
- Manchester United have won each of their last three UEFA meetings with French teams but played two of those first legs away.
- United went on to reach the final in last three seasons where they faced a French club in first round of UEFA knockout stages (CL – 2007-08, 2010-11) and (Europa – 2016-17).
- PSG have crashed out at this stage in last two seasons, losing to La Liga sides – Barcelona (2016-17) and Real Madrid (2017-18).
Under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Man Utd haven’t really put much wrong and against a weakened PSG side, I fancy them to produce another solid yet dangerous performance to seize the advantage.
Prediction: Manchester United 2-1 PSG
Result: Manchester United 0-2 PSG