This weekend’s Premier League action reaches its climax at the Etihad as Manchester City meet Wolverhampton Wanderers in Monday Night Football.
With Liverpool seven points clear, Man City have to win here if they’re to keep pace in the title race. Wolves however know that three points are pivotal in an incredibly tight race for seventh as they currently sit three points behind Watford.
Team newsEmbed from Getty Images
Manchester City are set to have Sergio Aguero and Vincent Kompany available, after the pair missed Wednesday’s 9-0 Carabao Cup thrashing of Burton Albion through illness and a muscle injury respectively.
Benjamin Mendy (knee) is close to a return but won’t feature here whilst Claudio Bravo (Achilles) is a long-term absentee.
Wolves have no fresh injury concerns to report with a full squad available.
Manchester City have won each of their last four matches across all competitions, having won just one of their previous four league games beforehand.
Wolves meanwhile have taken two wins and losses plus a draw from their last four across all competitions with their league win and draw both coming away from Molineux, where they have lost in their last two home outings.
During that period, both sides claimed 2-1 home wins over Liverpool, so confidence will be high for both teams.
- Manchester City are unbeaten in their last six meetings with Wolves, although a 1-1 draw at Molineux in August ended City’s five match winning run against the Midlands team (W5, D1).
- City have won their last six home games against Wolves across all competitions, including a penalty shootout win after a goalless draw in League Cup Fourth Round last season.
- Three of the four goalless draws in this fixture have come at Man City’s ground.
- Coming into this weekend, Manchester City have scored the most goals so far this campaign.
- Leroy Sane and Raheem Sterling have made the most assists for City with 14 assists between them whilst Wolves have mustered up only eight assists from their two best players – Matt Docherty and Raul Jimenez.
Man City cannot afford to get complacent after recent cup results because Wolves know how to trouble the big guns away from Molineux.
I however can see just one outcome here if City continue their recent resurgence although both teams should score.
Prediction: Manchester City 3-1 Wolverhampton Wanderers
Jake predicts: Manchester City 2-0 Wolverhampton Wanderers
Result: Manchester City 3-0 Wolverhampton Wanderers