England kick off their final round of fixtures in 2018 with an international friendly against USA at Wembley Stadium.
This match also sees the return of Wayne Rooney for his farewell match whilst Bournemouth’s Callum Wilson will be hoping to make his international bow after being called up for the first time.
Team newsEmbed from Getty Images
Wayne Rooney will make his final England appearance by coming on as a substitute and take over the captain’s armband.
Fabian Delph will start the match as captain whilst Borussia Dortmund’s Jadon Sancho is set for his first start.
Kieran Trippier has been ruled out with a groin injury whilst Arsenal’s Danny Welbeck is the other absentee with an ankle injury.
USA have included former manager – Jurgen Klinsmann’s son, Jonathan in their squad, replacing the injured Zack Steffen of Columbus Crew.
The American side will also bring two strikers in a squad featuring four familiar faces to English Football (Brad Guzan – ex Aston Villa , DeAndre Yedlin – Newcastle, Cameron Cater-Vickers – Swansea City, Luca de la Torre – Fulham)
- England have won all seven of their friendlies against USA, winning their two home meetings 2-0 at Wembley in 1994 and 2008.
- Since a 8-1 win in May 1959, England have conceded only four goals against USA in all competitions.
- If he comes on in second half, Wayne Rooney will collect his 120th and final cap to leave him five caps off the all-time record holder, Peter Shilton.
- England have kept five clean sheets in 2018 (W4,D1), which is one better than at this stage last year when they had only four before recording a pair of goalless draws against Germany and Brazil to finish 2017 with six clean sheets overall.
- Marcus Rashford have scored in three of his last four games for England.
This US side have been inconsistent lately with just one win from last six matches and have also scored in five of those games.
England meanwhile have come on leaps and bounds this year despite being vulnerable at back, so am going to back England for win but the Americans should nick at least one goal.
Prediction: England 3-1 USA
Result: England 3-0 USA