After a dramatic midweek, the Sky Bet Championship kicks off an exciting weekend as QPR meet Aston Villa at Loftus Road.
QPR are currently on a good run of form as Dean Smith tries to get Villa back on track after defeat at Norwich on Tuesday.
Steve McClaren could name an unchanged QPR team for third consecutive match as they continue to be without two players.
Darnell Furlong is slowly regaining match fitness after a knee injury whilst Olamide Shodipo remains sidelined with a thigh injury.
Aston Villa will hand late fitness tests to Albert Adomah and Tammy Abraham after both were subbed at Norwich in midweek with respective knee and head concerns.
John McGinn is available to return after serving a one match ban whilst Keinan Davis is back training following a groin injury.
QPR come into this match unbeaten in their last four with three wins and a draw. They have kept three clean sheets during that run, with them all coming during their victories.
On loan Brighton striker, Tomer Hemed has netted for The Hoops in their last two games with his goals both coming in latter stages of first half.
Aston Villa meanwhile are still winless on their travels since the opening weekend, taking three draws and losses apiece. Their last two away trips however have ended in 2-1 losses, having initially taken the lead.
- QPR ended a run of three defeats with victory in last meeting between these sides (W1, L3).
- QPR have lost their last two home clashes against the Villains by one goal margin (0-1 December 2016, 1-2 November 2017).
- Last four meetings between these teams have had nine goals from eight different goal scorers, with Villa’s Jonathan Kodjia scoring the winning goal in both meetings of 2016-17 season.
- Villa’s two league wins in last 13 trips to London have both come at Loftus Road.
- Dean Smith hasn’t won any of his last nine away league trips as a manager since Brentford beat Nottingham Forest in April (D5, L4).
QPR are currently in great form and with Villa still adapting to Dean Smith’s style plus struggling on their travels, I can see a home win coming here.
Prediction: QPR 2-0 Aston Villa
Result: QPR 1-0 Aston Villa