After Middlesbrough moved top of Sky Bet Championship at weekend, we are quickly into another round of fixtures with Norwich City vs Aston Villa the stand out tie from Tuesday’s fixtures.
Both teams come into this tie with same goal difference but Norwich sit in the final play-off spot and three points clear of Villa, who are still looking for their first win under Dean Smith.
Team newsEmbed from Getty Images
Norwich could name an unchanged team despite Onel Hernandez suffering a knock in Saturday’s win at Nottingham Forest.
Aston Villa are missing John McGinn after the midfielder collected his fifth booking against Swansea at weekend.
Norwich come into this in fine form with just one defeat in last eight, coming during their last home game against Stoke City.
They have however kept just three clean sheets in that time and are yet to draw at home this season.
Aston Villa meanwhile have been inconsistent lately with both wins coming immediately after the international breaks, whilst the four games in between saw them achieve two draws in a sandwich topped and bottomed by a defeat.
Both wins saw them keep a clean sheet unlike their draws and losses.
- Norwich have won two of last five meetings with both wins coming in their home games.
- Norwich are unbeaten in last three home games against Aston Villa, winning all three by an aggregate score of 6-1.
- Josh Murphy netted in both of last season’s meetings for Norwich before signing for Cardiff this summer.
- Tammy Abraham has scored in his last three matches for Aston Villa.
- Timm Klose has scored each of Norwich’s last three goals.
This should be a good game because Norwich have goal scorers all over the pitch whilst Villa are struggling defensively, particularly away from home despite scoring in every away game.
I am going to go for a draw here because Dean Smith has a decent record against the Canaries from his time at Brentford and I can’t see Villa losing this easily given his managerial record against Norwich.
Prediction: Norwich City 1-1 Aston Villa
Result: Norwich City 2-1 Aston Villa