The first round of post international break Premier League fixtures conclude at St Marys as Southampton meet Brighton & Hove Albion in Monday Night Football.
These sides met three weeks ago in Carabao Cup with the Saints emerging victorious, so can Brighton get back on level terms?
Team newsEmbed from Getty Images
Southampton face a striker crisis with Shane Long (toe) and Charlie Austin (hamstring) both doubts.
Danny Ings meanwhile is available after overcoming a blister that kept him out of their last match.
Brighton will hand midfielder, Pascal Gross a late fitness test after the German suffered an ankle knock.
Summer signing, Florin Andone is back in training alongside Jose Izquierdo and both could be named in the squad.
Southampton come here off the back of beating Crystal Palace 2-0 last time out, having previously drawn their opening match then lost following two in between those positive results.
Brighton meanwhile have lost their two away games at Watford and Liverpool but taken a win and draw from two home games.
- Both encounters last season ended in 1-1 draws with Glenn Murray scoring both of Brighton’s goals.
- Southampton have never won a home Premier League match played on a Monday night.
- Southampton are looking for their first back to back Premier League wins since April 2017 but have won just twice in last 13 home league games.
- Brighton have gone 13 away wins without an away league victory since beating Swansea 1-0 on 4th November 2017. (D4, L11)
- In their two away games so far this season, Brighton lost the first 2-0 to Watford then 1-0 at Liverpool.
Given Southampton’s goal scoring woes at home and Brighton’s slowly improving away form, I can see the latter’s pattern of conceding one less goal in each away game this season resulting in a goalless draw.
Prediction: Southampton 0-0 Brighton & Hove Albion
Jake predicts: Southampton 2-2 Brighton & Hove Albion
Result: Southampton 2-2 Brighton & Hove Albion