After an impressive home debut against Republic of Ireland on Thursday, Ryan Giggs’ Wales head to Denmark looking to make it two UEFA Nations League wins on the bounce.
Denmark’s first team were locked in a feud with the Danish FA for much of week over commercial image rights, so haven’t had much training compared to usual. Can Wales therefore capitalise on this and move closer to promotion into League A?
Team newsEmbed from Getty Images
Denmark will have a full strength squad available after temporary resolving an commercial image rights issue.
That means that the likes of Kasper Schmeichel, Christian Eriksen and Martin Braithwaite are expected to feature in this game.
Wales also have a fully fit squad available but Giggs could make some changes.
- Denmark have won three of last five meetings (W3, L2).
- There is yet to be a single draw in this fixture.
- From eight meetings, there has only been two games where both teams have scored with Wales winning on both occasions (December 1965: Wales 4-2 Denmark, October 1998; Denmark 1-2 Wales).
- Three of Denmark’s nine games this calendar year have finished 0-0. Two of those came against fellow European sides.
- Yussuf Poulsen and Christian Eriksen are the Danes’ top scorers in 2018 with two goals each from nine matches, whereas Wales’ Gareth Bale has twice as many goals in just four games despite not playing at this summer’s World Cup.
Although both teams will be strong, I feel that Denmark could struggle here because they have only had two days training unlike Wales who have a week of training and a match victory under their belt.
Bale also is on fire at the minute with four goals from last four games for club and country unlike Eriksen who is yet to score this season for Spurs.
The momentum is therefore clearly with Wales here and I am going to back them to get victory because they .
Prediction: Denmark 1-2 Wales
Result: Denmark 2-0 Wales