After a goal packed weekend of Premier League action, Crystal Palace welcome Liverpool to Selhurst Park for the first Monday Night Football (MNF) of season.
Both sides made comfortable starts last weekend, scoring six goals between them against London opposition but who will keep their bright start going?
Embed from Getty Images
Crystal Palace have a fully fit squad available for this clash.
Liverpool could include defender, Joel Matip on bench but Dejan Lovren looks to be out with a pelvic issue.
- Crystal Palace have lost four of last five meetings in all competitions (including pre season friendly).
- Since returning to top flight in 2013-14, Palace were unbeaten in first two home league games against Liverpool before losing last three by 4-8 on combined goals aggregate.
- From nine Premier League meetings between these teams at Selhurst Park, only two games didn’t see both teams score.
- Crystal Palace have lost their last six opening home games, with their last opening home win coming in 2011-12 against Burnley in Championship when they ran out 2-0 winners with goals from Jonathan Parr and Own Garvan.
- Liverpool have lost just one of their last five opening away matches.
- Victory here for Palace will see them win four top flight home games for first time since 1990, when Liverpool were the visitors on that occasion.
- From two previous meetings on a Monday, Liverpool are unbeaten against Palace.
- Last season saw both teams participate in one MNF match, with both losing their respective games against Manchester United and Swansea City.
Crystal Palace are going to need their wits and discipline about them here because Liverpool were just ferocious against West Ham last weekend, especially when gaps look tight.
Add in Palace’s woeful recent opening home match record and this should be a comfortable Liverpool win.
Prediction: Crystal Palace 0-3 Liverpool
Jake predicts: Crystal Palace 2-2 Liverpool
Result: Crystal Palace 0-2 Liverpool