This Bank Holiday weekend sees the EFL promotion spots completed with three play-off finals at Wembley Stadium.
First up, Fulham meet Aston Villa in the Championship’s Play-Off Final as both teams seek promotion to the Premier League.
Aston Villa could recall Ahmed Elmohamady if the Egyptian overcomes a hamstring injury.
Fulham meanwhile have no fitness injuries but manager, Slavisa Jokanovic must leave out one of the Cottagers’ six loanees.
Liverpool youngster, Sheyi Ojo is the most likely to miss out on a spot after being sidelined lately by injury.
- Both teams are appearing in their first play-off final.
- Victory for Aston Villa will see Steve Bruce become the first manager to secure five promotions from the Championship. The Geordie has seen his side promoted in two previous appearances at this stage, via penalties with Birmingham City in 2001-02 then in normal time in Hull two seasons ago.
- Bruce joins Brian Little and Ian Holloway in being just an elite few managers to manage in play-off finals. Neither Little or Holloway won all three of their play-off finals.
- This is Fulham’s second ever trip to Wembley, losing the 1975 FA Cup Final 2-0 to West Ham United.
- Should Ryan Sessegnon score, he will become the youngest ever player to score in the play-off final, beating Julian Joachim’s record from 1983 when he scored for Leicester City at age of 18 years and 253 days.
- Since 2011, the team who scored first has gone on to clinch victory and promotion in finals that haven’t finished goalless.
Aston Villa start this match as favourites given Steve Bruce’s managerial record in the Championship.
Fulham however are a strong unit and boast two dangerous players in Ryan Sessegnon and Aleksandar Mitrovic, who have netted 27 goals between them this season.
This therefore is a tough one to predict and I wouldn’t be surprised if we see it come down to a single goal.
Although Villa will give it everything, no manager has won three play-off finals so am tipping Fulham to just edge it here.
Prediction: Aston Villa 0-1 Fulham
Result: Aston Villa 0-1 Fulham (Fulham are PROMOTED!!!)