For Stoke City, this is a must win match if they’re to avoid relegation from Premier League.
Defeat here and draw or victory for Southampton and Swansea will mean that the Potters’ fate is out of their hands, as their two main rivals meet on Tuesday night, where a Saints win will relegate them.
Crystal Palace meanwhile know that victory will guarantee them safety ahead of the final day.
Stoke City could have Glen Johnson and Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting back from groin injuries for this pivotal clash.
Konstantinos Stafylidis (rib) and Bruno Martins Indi (groin) are both sidelined for remainder of season.
Ibrahim Afellay and Jese Rodriguez remain suspended following a fall out with Paul Lambert.
Crystal Palace could welcome Connor Whickham back from a 17 month injury layoff here.
Jason Puncheon (knee) and Bakary Sako (ankle) are both absent for the Eagles’ final two league games.
It’s unclear when defender, Scott Dann could return from a knee injury.
Stoke enter this on a 12 match winless run, drawing seven and losing five.
Four of their last five homes have come against teams currently in top half and their only point came against Burnley just under a fortnight ago.
Crystal Palace are in decent form, avoiding defeat in five of last six games.
They have taken three wins, two draws and a defeat in that time with four of the sides who they have taken points against, currently sitting below them in the league table.
- In nine Premier League meetings, Stoke have taken just seven points out of 27 (W2 D1 L6) with both wins coming at home.
- Both teams have scored in six of last seven league meetings, the only exception being a Stoke home win last February.
- Stoke City have had the least touches on the ball and passes this season in league, managing just 19,304 touches and 12,195 passes.
- Eight of Crystal Palace’s goals have come from the penalty spot, more than any other top flight team.
- Palace top the interception stats, making 522 interceptions this season.
- Both sides have scored two own goals apiece this season.
- Crystal Palace are yet to receive a red card in the league this season whilst Stoke have had one player sent off.
Where can game be won or lost?
|Per Game Average||Stoke City (home)||Crystal Palace (away)|
|Shots on Target||3.5||3.22|
|Goals per First Half %||42.1||28.6|
|Goals per Second Half %||57.9||71.4|
Don’t expect a thriller here because both teams don’t score many home/away respectively.
Stoke are marginally better in attack and defence although Palace average more corners and haven’t seen red unlike the Potters.
Palace really need to get to half time level because if do so, they can easily go and win this in second half.
Given what’s at stake, I expect both teams to go all out for the win here and Stoke fans need to be the 12th man here.
If they do that then I can see a home win.
Prediction: Stoke City 2-1 Crystal Palace
Jake predicts: Stoke City 1-1 Crystal Palace
Result: Stoke City 1-2 Crystal Palace (Stoke City are relegated!!!)