After a competitive first leg, Atletico Madrid welcome Arsenal to the Wanda Metropolitano Stadium.
Atletico are favourites here given their tough home defensive record so will Arsene Wenger’s dreams of a first European trophy end here?
Atletico Madrid could hand Diego Costa a start here after he sat out the first leg.
Sime Vrsaljko meanwhile is suspended after being sent off in first leg.
Defender, Juanfran is absent but Felipe Luis has recovered from a broken leg so could feature here.
Arsenal have a full squad available minus the ineligble Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang.
David Ospina will start in goal for the Gunners.
- No away team has scored in last 12 games at Wanda Metropolitano Stadium.
- Only seven teams have managed to score here across all competitions this season.
- The last time that a team managed to score on Atletico’s turf, the match finished 1-1 – Girona in January.
- Atletico have won 15 of their last 16 home games in this competition.
- Arsenal have met LaLiga teams 32 times, suffering 14 losses compared to 10 wins and eight draws.
- Diego Costa scored in three of his six appearances against Arsenal from his time at Chelsea.
- Under the referee of Gianluca Rocchi, English clubs are yet to taste defeat although Arsenal have won just one of three matches under him (W1 D2).
- This season, Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United both recorded wins under the eyes of Rocchi 5-2 on goal aggregate.
This definitely will be a tough match for Arsenal but they will be glad to have Rocchi refereeing an occasion like this, given English clubs’ record under him.
Expect both teams to score but I fancy the Gunners to do a Sevilla from Copa del Rey here.
Prediction: Atletico Madrid 1-2 Arsenal
Result: Atletico Madrid 1-0 Arsenal (Atletico Madrid win 2-1 on aggregate)