The UEFA Champions League semi finals kick off this week as Liverpool welcome AS Roma to Anfield for the ‘Mohamed Salah derby’.
Liverpool could name an unchanged squad from the 2-2 draw against West Bromwich Albion.
Jordan Henderson could return after serving an one match ban.
Nathaniel Clyne is nearly ready for a return from a muscle issue but this game might come just too soon.
Adam Lallana (thigh) and Emre Can (back) are both sidelined but on course to return for Liverpool’s final domestic game against Brighton & Hove Albion next month.
Joel Matip (thigh) is ruled out for rest of season.
AS Roma are expected to start; Aleksandar Kolarov, Daniele de Rossi and Edin Dzeko after the trio were rested at weekend.
Rick Karsdorp and Gregoire Defrel are both absent for the Italian side with knee injuries.
Since beating Manchester City a fortnight ago, Liverpool have won and draw their two league matches.
Across those two games, they netted five goals with Salah scoring a goal in both.
Roma have however played one more match, winning two and drawing one.
- Liverpool are unbeaten against Roma in European Cup/Champions League, winning two and drawing one.
- Liverpool have made this stage nine times before, advancing on seven occasions to the final and crashing out twice.
- Since winning the first leg of their semi final in 1984-85, Liverpool haven’t won the first leg of their last seven semi finals in Europe.
- Between them, Liverpool’s Roberto Firmino (8 goals & 4 assists) and Mohamed Salah (8 goals & 2 assists) have scored 16 goals and six assists.
- Roma haven’t kept a clean sheet in last 26 away games in Champions League.
I fancy Liverpool to come out and attack a strong Roma defence, who have conceded in every away game this season.
In end, I can see the Reds taking a slim advantage to Italy for second leg.
Prediction: Liverpool 2-1 AS Roma
Result: Liverpool 5-2 AS Roma