Arsenal head to St James Park for the first Super Sunday Premier League match, fresh off the back of making the Europa League semi finals in midweek.
Newcastle United know that a shock victory over the in form Gunners will see them surpass the 40 point mark, and move above Everton into ninth.
Newcastle have a full squad available and Islam Slimani could return after being ineligible last time out against Leicester City.
Arsenal could be missing midfielders, Aaron Ramsey and Jack Wilshire after both suffered injuries in the midweek draw at CSKA Moscow.
Granit Xhaka could however return after illness kept him out of the Russia trip, whilst Pierre Emerick- Aubameyang could start after being ineligible for that game.
Mohamed Elneny is available after winning an appeal against his red card during last Sunday’s clash with Southampton.
Newcastle are in strong form, having won their last three and are unbeaten in all but two league games in 2018.
Since New Year Day, the Magpies have taken 19 points out of a possible 33 from 11 league matches.
Arsenal come into this unbeaten in seven across all competitions, despite drawing last time out.
They have however lost their four away games in 2018, by a combined total of 8-3 on aggregate.
In their last three league matches, they have scored three goals but those goals all came at home.
- Arsenal are unbeaten in last 12 meetings (W10 D2) with the last three clashes being won 1-0.
- Newcastle’s last home win in this fixture came in December 2005, courtesy of a Nolberto Solano goal.
- A win here will see Newcastle achieve four straight Premier League wins for first time since October – November 2014 when Alan Pardew was in charge.
- The last time that Arsenal lost their first four away games of a calendar year, they ended that run by winning at Newcastle.
- Rafa Bentiez has a (W4 D4 L9) record across all competitions against Arsenal from his time at three different English clubs including Newcastle.
Where can game be won or lost?
|Per Game Average||Newcastle United (home)||Arsenal (away)|
|Shots on Target||3.69||4.67|
|Goals per First Half %||37.5||31.3|
|Goals per Second Half %||62.5||68.7|
Don’t expect any thriller here given how evenly matched both teams look all over pitch.
If there are any goals, should expect to see them come after half time but discipline could be key.
Although Arsenal average more yellows, Newcastle definitely seem more likely to lose their cool the longer the match remains tight.
I am not expecting a thriller here given how evenly matched both teams are, I can see a draw here.
Prediction: Newcastle United 0-0 Arsenal
Jake predicts: Newcastle United 1-1 Arsenal
Result: Newcastle United 2-1 Arsenal